Buford High School | 2750 Sawnee Avenue, Buford , GA

Welcome to Buford High School, Home of the Wolves

Welcome to the Athletic Program of the Buford Wolves!

We are truly blessed here in Buford City Schools to have excellent teacher-coaches, first-class facilities, and an uncommon community spirit and support. Our student-athletes are committed to reaching their full potential through strenuous practices and intense strength, speed, and conditioning programs. We strive to reflect supreme effort and team play in all our competitive games. We believe that the intangible qualities of unselfishness, class, poise, loyalty, and "family" are important in the development of our student-athletes. Truly, the athletic programs of Buford City Schools are "Committed to a Tradition of Excellence".

OUR MISSION

The mission of the Buford City School's Athletic Department is to provide a rigorous athletic program which compliments and supports a challenging academic program by fostering an environment where academic integrity, social and moral responsibility, respect for others, and competitive athletic excellence are highly valued. We are in constant pursuit to become Scholars and Champions. The beliefs and attitudes listed below are embedded in our history and guide us in our behavior. We strive to be E.L.I.T.E.:

EXCELLENCE

Excellence is a habit, not an act. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not doing something nearly right . . . it is doing it exactly right. Commitment to excellence should distinguish our efforts in every sport in which we compete.

LEADERSHIP

Leadership is a choice, not a position. It is not about a title. It's about influence and impact. Leadership is a way of thinking, acting and a way of communicating. It is about inspiring action among those around you. Leadership in the personal development of our student-athletes underlies all our endeavors and is a high standard by which we measure ourselves

INTEGRITY

Integrity can be defined as the ability to know and do what is right. It results from the relentless pursuit of honesty at all times. All our programs must be consistent with the policies of Buford City Schools, the Georgia High School Association, and the State Board of Education. We are to be at all times honest and forthright with each other, the administration, the parents and players, the community, and the media.

TEAMWORK

Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common goal. We compete to win as members of a team, always aware that we are representatives of Buford City Schools. We clearly understand that the success of any one athlete is always the result of dedicated effort on the part of many people. While we will recognize individual accomplishments, we will be quicker to celebrate and support the achievements of the team.

EFFORT

Effort can be defined as that total exhaustion of mind and body to compete and win. At Buford our effort level must be greater than our talent level. A determined effort during competitions is a winning edge that our opponents should readily recognize and respect when playing the Wolves!

Thanks to these community members for supporting Buford Athletics by joining and supporting our Buford Athletic Booster Club:  2014-2015 Members