Welcome to Buford High School, Home of the Wolves
Welcome to the Athletic Program of the Buford Wolves!
We are truly blessed here in Buford City Schools to have excellent teacher-coaches, first-class facilities, and an uncommon community spirit and support. Our student-athletes are committed to reaching their full potential through strenuous practices and intense strength, speed, and conditioning programs. We strive to reflect supreme effort and team play in all our competitive games. We believe that the intangible qualities of unselfishness, class, poise, loyalty, and "family" are important in the development of our student-athletes. Truly, the athletic programs of Buford City Schools are "Committed to a Tradition of Excellence".
The mission of the Buford City School's Athletic Department is to provide a rigorous athletic program which compliments and supports a challenging academic program by fostering an environment where academic integrity, social and moral responsibility, respect for others, and competitive athletic excellence are highly valued. We are in constant pursuit to become Scholars and Champions. The beliefs and attitudes listed below are embedded in our history and guide us in our behavior. We strive to be E.L.I.T.E.:
Excellence is a habit, not an act. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not doing something nearly right . . . it is doing it exactly right. Commitment to excellence should distinguish our efforts in every sport in which we compete.
Leadership is a choice, not a position. It is not about a title. It's about influence and impact. Leadership is a way of thinking, acting and a way of communicating. It is about inspiring action among those around you. Leadership in the personal development of our student-athletes underlies all our endeavors and is a high standard by which we measure ourselves
Integrity can be defined as the ability to know and do what is right. It results from the relentless pursuit of honesty at all times. All our programs must be consistent with the policies of Buford City Schools, the Georgia High School Association, and the State Board of Education. We are to be at all times honest and forthright with each other, the administration, the parents and players, the community, and the media.
Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common goal. We compete to win as members of a team, always aware that we are representatives of Buford City Schools. We clearly understand that the success of any one athlete is always the result of dedicated effort on the part of many people. While we will recognize individual accomplishments, we will be quicker to celebrate and support the achievements of the team.
Effort can be defined as that total exhaustion of mind and body to compete and win. At Buford our effort level must be greater than our talent level. A determined effort during competitions is a winning edge that our opponents should readily recognize and respect when playing the Wolves!
Thanks to these community members for supporting Buford Athletics by joining and supporting our Buford Athletic Booster Club: 2013-2014 Members
2013-14 Performance Highlights
- Football: 2013 Class AAA State Champions, Region Champions
- Softball: 2013 Class AAA State Champions, 7th in a row, Region Champions
- Competition Cheerleading: State 8th Place
- Volleyball: State Final Four
- Girls Cross Country: State 6th Place
- Boys Cross Country: State 8th Place
- Girls Basketball: 2013-14 Class AAA State Runners-Up, Region Champions
- Boys Basketball: 2013-14 Class AAA State Runners-Up, Region Champions
- Wrestling: 2013-14 Wrestling Duels Class AAA State Champions
- Wrestling: 2013-14 Wrestling Traditional Class AAA State Champions, Area Champions
- Girls Swimming: State 21st Place
- Riflery: First Round of state playoffs
- Baseball: State Final Four, Region Champions
- Gymnastics: 2014 Class A-AAAAAA State Champions
- Boys Track: 5th Place at 2014 State Track Meet, Region Champions
- Girls Track: 10th Place at 2014 State Track Meet
- Girls Soccer: Second Round of state playoffs, Region Champions
- Boys Soccer: First round of state playoffs
- Girls Tennis: Second round of state playoffs, Region Champions
- Boys Tennis: Second round of state playoffs
- Girls Golf: 3rd Place at State Golf Meet
- Boys Golf: 9th place at State Golf Meet, Region Champions
Softball, News & Information
Gwinnett Daily Post Story:...
Gwinnett Prep Article
Gainesville Times Article
Atlanta Journal Constitution Article
Read more here.
Athletic Department, NEWS & INFORMATION
Buford Football vs McEachern, Friday, September 5, 7:30 pm, Tom Riden Stadium
Gates Open-5:45 pm...
Gwinnett Prep Article
Girls Basketball, Varsity
7th Annual Greater Buford Basketball Association Coaching Clinic
Saturday September 13, 2014...
Girls Basketball, Varsity
MACON — Buford couldn't have asked for a better start to its Class AAA state girls...